Please make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. You can check this by seeing the Bluetooth symbol on the top of your phone’s banner or see it's on in your phone’s settings. Press and hold the button on the front of Nima for 10 seconds until you see “Ready to Pair” and the Bluetooth symbol
You do not need to have this image visible on Nima during the length of the pairing. It will go away after 1 minute.
Once Bluetooth is enabled, you should be prompted to pair once you login to the Nima app.
To pair a Nima to your phone in the iOS app, simply follow the below steps:
- Open the Nima App and go into Settings
- Click Pair Nima
- A pop-up will generate on your screen that reads “Nima Found!”
- Confirm that the serial number (SN) listed in the pairing prompt is the same as your new Nima. Your Nima sensor SN is listed on the bottom of the device.
- Click Pair
- A pop-up will generate on your screen that reads “Hooray!We found a Nima!”
- Click Done.
If Nima does not pair and your Bluetooth is enabled, your Nima may have previously been paired to a different device. Please press and hold your Nima button for 5-10 seconds until you see “Ready to Pair” on the display screen. Then click Pair Nima in the app.
To pair a Nima to your phone in the Android app, please follow the below steps:
- Open the app
- You will see a notification bar notifying you that you should pair your Nima. Tap “Pair”
- The app will look for your Nima
- Once the app finds your Nima, tap “PAIR” by the device serial number listed that matches your Nima’s serial number.
- You can find your Nima’s serial number on the bottom of your Nima. However, you will most likely only see one Nima nearby, which will be your Nima.
- Once pairing is complete you will see a notification that pairing was successful. Tap “Finish”
Here is a short video if you are trying to pair your Nima to your iOS device: https://youtu.be/fy26JIQBZNY
Note: Pairing is a 1:1 relationship. If you’d like to pair your phone with a different Nima, or pair your Nima with a new devices, you will need to unpair your Nima from within the app. After, you’ll be able to pair to your new Nima!