Nima cannot correctly detect gluten in the following items:
- Fermented foods. Examples include:
- Gluten free beer
- Hydrolyzed foods. Examples include:
- Soy sauce
- Barley malt / malt flavoring /malt extract
- Alcohol - and high alcohol concentration foods. Example:
- Vanilla extract
- Xanthan and guar gum in their pure form
- The high concentration of gellem gum and oil make it difficult to test without a high dilution of water to product ratio (3:1) which is difficult to obtain.
Click here to read which foods and beverages can be tested with Nima.